blessedchick

Friday, November 18, 2005

It reminded me when I was writing my last post, that sometimes it is important to bow before God with your face to the floor on things that really matter to you.

When I had my first child I had a long hard labour (80 hours) which ended in me having a C-section. The thing I want most at the moment is to have a natural birth. If I have one more C-section then I have to have C-sections from now on.
I don't know why natural birth is so important to me, maybe its a sense of achievement or something that connects me to most other woman who have had children.

Something that means this much to me is worth going to God about.

In the old testament people had to approach God on their knees with their face to the ground because he is so holy.
These days because of Jesus we don't seem to do it as much, even though God is still as holy as he ever was.

I think that it is still important to show God reverence in that manner, some of the time

So I will be on my knees with my face to the floor in awe of my God that can make a thing that is small to others, but the biggest thing in the world to me, happen.

I know that if it is in God will, I will have a natural birth. But I also believe if I'm not prepared to put the effort in to prayer then why should God put the effort into me.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger godsgirl said…

    I'll be praying for you. *hugs*

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger If not for Christ said…

    80 hours labour! Ow, ouch, don't even want to think about it!! They talked about possible complications in ante natal classes but I never for one moment imagined I would have anything other than a natural birth, and maybe it was like that for you too.
    I'll be praying for you too.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger ElizabethB said…

    Life's funny. It was my custom to always kneel in prayer. I was so heavily pregnant at one time that it became difficult to stay there too long and then get up again. I asked God about it, like "Does it count as insincerity if I dont kneel God?'
    In the normal course of my reading I next read of David and how he came in and SAT BEFORE GOD.
    Well thank you God I will sit instead!
    There seems to be an answer to almost everything in God's Word

     

Post a Comment

<< Home