blessedchick

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Something to think about

Is anyone ever truly 100% happy and if so how long are they happy before their world comes crashing down around them?

The new year seems to bring much of the same, working, looking after children and yeah more working, it feels as though it never stops.
I sometimes wish that I could just jump on a plane and go away for a while just me, no work, no kids and no worries. Leave all the things behind like money issues and everything else, and just enjoy myself and not have to worry about looking after other people and just worry about me.

Ah but dreams are free!

Another thing, is anyone ever satisfied with what they have or are we always wanting more.
More money, more clothes, more trips over seas, more children......
And if we were satisfied with what we have and don't want more, would we be happier people? Is it the wanting more that makes us unhappy or unsatisfied?
Or are they just excuses so that we have a reason not to be happy?
Are people scared to be truly happy?
Cos that means that they have nothing to complain about and oh no they wont get any attention that way.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Mark Wilson said…

    Good point. I don't think anyone is ever 100% happy, But I do think people can be satisfied with what they have. To me though, this is only possible to those who have little and are content with what they have. For instance, if you gave a soccer ball to a kid in Africa, He'd be the happiest boy in the world, he'd want nothing more than the soccer ball because he has never owned anything more than that. Now, if you gave a soccer ball to a kid in a first world country like New Zealand, he'd be happy for a few days then start asking you for a net to kick the ball in.

    But in saying that, I think it's definately possible for each one of us to be happy with what we have and no seek more. We can do that through God, that's why some inspiring Christians give up everything they have to follow Him.

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Mark Wilson said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Mark Wilson said…

    Also, yeah I think it's our desire for more things that makes us feel unsatisfied. It's such a hard thing to fight in our world though. There's so much technology, tvs, computers. We naturally always want the best. It's just such a hard thing to be content with what we have...

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Sharyn said…

    "The price of freedom is to want for nothing more" - Dave Dobbyn

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Sharyn said…

    By the way, I can truly say that I am completely happy. I mean, sure, there's things I want that I don't have and there are lots of things to look forward to in the future. But I can honestly say I am truly happy.

    Cool eh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home