blessedchick

Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Nana

Well today is Monday, My nana wasn't supposed to last the weekend, but she is a fighter and she is still here.
My Nana has liver cancer she is very yellow in colour and her body is starting to shut down.
I love my nana very much, she was my sanity when everyone else in the family was doing there thing.
The struggle I have is I should be feeling sad that my Nana is going to die but I feel relief.
My Nana has dementia and she is in hospital care, doesn't have the use of her legs, cant talk and doesn't remember who anyone is, what kind of life is that and now that something is finally killing her I am happy for her.
I said goodbye to my nana years ago because she is not the same person I knew when she was growing up. I look upon her as a caregiver would, as a resident not a family member.
I will be sad when she goes, I think, but at the moment I feel nothing.
Does this make me a horrible person, or is just that the nana I once knew and loved has long gone and it is just her shell that remains.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger ElizabethB said…

    This shows how caring you really are to let her go when she has had enough. There will be sadness when she goes but relief for her too.

    You a horrible person?
    Yeah right!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home