blessedchick

Monday, May 15, 2006

How long

I wanted my title to be "how long do I have to kick my own ass" but it didn't fit.

With cold weather setting in and being stuck in doors I am so glad Alyssa is at kindy. It took her a few days to get used to it but she really seems to enjoy it now and asks if she has kindy everyday, and is very disappointed when she doesn't go.
Georgia has grown so big and her smile makes her eyes sparkle
I have two wonderful girls

I am a shy person and some peoples first impressions of me is that I am cold. The truth is I just don't know how to act around people I don't know very well and sometimes people I do.
Lately I believe that God is giving me opportunities to break this unaffectionate thing I have going on but I keep failing. At least twice a week God put a situation in front of me where someone is upset and needs a hug from someone and I am normally the only one around and I fail every time. When I have time to reflect on how the situation went, I kick myself cos I really want to be there for the person and I'm sure they think I don't care, but that is so not the case I just have to get over this barrier.
I think the worst thing is these people really need a hug or some comfort and are left stranded because I can't get over my shyness to give them what they need.
Lets hope the next opportunity I get I will succeed.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi,
    i just wanted to say that you shouldnt beat yourself up too much about this. Everyones different, and we all show affection and that we care in different ways.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Rayd said…

    I'm terrible at the whole affection thing too. Despite me being a guy that is. When i see people crying i wanna go up and hug them but i never end up doing it.

    You didn't used to be shy when you were a teenager did you?

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger blessedchick said…

    Not when I was a teenager, I wasn't shy at all and I dont really know what has changed to make how I am now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home