blessedchick

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

little things

Well still no baby.
Yesterday I had a midwife appointment and she decided to do a membrane sweep (for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, it's best to stay in the dark until you really need to know) and she found out that my cervix still hadn't even begun to ripen, very disappointing, it can mean that labour is still a long way off.

Last night I woke up about 4:00 and couldn't get back to sleep so I grabbed my bible and went into the lounge and read for a little while, I then got on my hands and knees and just let all my emotions fly. I heard a noise and thought that my crying had woken Warwick up so I dried off my face to show that I was fine and nothing was wrong, when I turned around to see who was coming to see me it was my little guardian angel, she didn't say anything, she just smiled at me and climbed on my knee. She gave me the biggest hug and just stayed there wrapped in her blanket, I could have sat there all night but after half an hour I saw my baby girl was very tied so I said it's time to go back to bed, so she hopped off my knee and before she could go back to bed she had to see if daddy was ok. After she had seen daddy she walked off to bed by herself I tucked her in and said goodnight and thanked God for my little girl.
Its amazing how God can use someone so small and precious to make everything seem ok.

On a different note this morning when I got out of the shower I had a show (again if you don't know what that is it's best not to) which means that something is starting to happen, I hope.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger ElizabethB said…

    How well I remember this feeling 22 years ago! I set myself to read whole books of the Bible, I think I was on bed rest for quite a while then too. I would start Proverbs or Romans or any other book and tell myself that before I had finished it the baby would be in my arms. This way I read numerous books, and it is true that the more you read the Scriptures the more you want to! It put me in a good place for when the baby had arrived and space for reading was not so available. I also read the complete works of Charles Dickens, and had a very interesting time.

    Keep at it blessed chick, my heart is with you and there does come a hatching time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home