blessedchick

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Low week

I haven't written anything on my blog for a while because I've had a really low week. With everything going on and pregnancy hormones I have been a mess. My husband has nick named me the grinch because I don't want anything to do with Christmas or his birthday, I didn't even want to put up a Christmas tree this year. I just want to crawl into a hole for the next eight weeks and come out when the baby is born and everything is finished and over and done with.

Last week we finally cleaned out the babies room and pulled up the carpet, which to our surprise wasn't even tacked down. This carpet was horrible and looked rotten and smelt musty, we thought the floor underneath this carpet would be rotten and need replacing, but when we lifted the carpet the floor was beautifully polished rimu. The thought that went through my head was why on earth would you put ugly carpet on polished rimu floors.

Our financial struggle has been what has hit me the hardest. This week we got a lot less than what we normally get on a student allowance, the funny thing is Warwick has been working and it still doesn't meet to what we would be getting if we got a benefit over the holidays. The problem with that is Warwick and I like to work for our money, and we don't feel guilty because here we sitting on our chuffs quite capable of working getting money from the government, when the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I wanted to buy Alyssa a trampoline for Christmas but because of where we are at I have had to put the money onto other things. Alyssa doesn't mind, but its my disappointment in myself that she has to miss out.


Everything else is just sitting on top of me weighing me down. What a terrible time of year there is so much going on and so much stress on people. I never want to forget the birth of Jesus and the significance of that but I could quite easily through away the rest of Christmas cos that would be one less thing I have to deal with.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home