blessedchick

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Putting things into perspective

In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; You will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
If anyone does attack you, it not will be my doing; Whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
Isaiah 54:14-15

I was talking to a friend yesterday who helped me put things into perspective. It was so refreshing having someone older and wiser to talk to.
While I was praying with her I felt an overwhelming peace, God reminded me he had been with me from the start of this pregnancy and that he is in control.

I feel God is the one who told me it was time to have another child. I had a very vivid dream one night about childbirth and when I woke up I felt God say its time. My husband and I had not been trying because I didn't think I was ready for another child yet. But within 2 weeks of that dream it was confirmed I was pregnant. The comfort is that God will never give you more than you can handle, so if he said "it's time" then I must be able to handle it, with his help.

My 3 year old is extremely active, always on the go and she can be very tiring. She is very delightful and always happy. Yesterday in church when the pastor was praying, Alyssa decided because everyone was quiet that she would sing happy birthday Lyssa at the top of her lungs.
You got to love her.
My friend I was speaking to yesterday helped me realise that she is not naughty or bad she is just being Alyssa. Also to break the words that are spoken over often such as she has A.D.D and that she is a handful, and allow her to be what God wants her to be rather than what everyone else says she is.
I don't believe Alyssa has A.D.D she is not destructive and she does listen to you and do what you say most of the time, she is just full of beans.

I feel as though God has control of my life now, and I believe he is with me and my family as we go through this time of change. Praise God for his faithfulness, he never fails

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger If not for Christ said…

    You're right - Alyssa is just a very active, "cute as" 3 year old. It's funny how everyone is such an expert on everyone else's child! Looking back on bring up 4 lively children - I don't ever remember anyone encouraging me in my role as a mother at church - heaps of "advice" - even down to how many children we should have. I just want to say I think you and Warwick are doing a great job with Alyssa, she brings a lot of joy to everyone. Her personality is exactly how God planned it to be!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Warwick Tomlinson said…

    Amen, I praise God for her every day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home