blessedchick

Friday, January 27, 2006

Well tomorrow will be a sad day as well as an exciting one.
Tomorrow we get our new car but first we have to say good buy to our old one.
Our car we have had for 5 years, it was the first car Warwick and I brought as a couple, it was the car that we went on our honeymoon in, it was the car we took our daughter home from the hospital in when she was born.
I know I am sentimental but the car has a lot of memories and it has been good to us.
There are only 3 occasions that it hasn't worked, all of course were the times we really needed it to work.

1: Before I was married and saving for the wedding I had a job that took me round the south island. One morning as I was about to go to Hokitika for two weeks and had 3 people to pick up and take with me, the car decided it would be a good time for the battery to die. I was living at my mums house at the time and she has a very narrow drive way (there is about 2 inches either side of the wing mirrors from the fence and the house). The car was up the top of the driveway and the battery was so dead we didn't even have power steering. It was winter so the windows fogged up and there was no way to wind them down and you could open the door as it was being pushed down the driveway. So as you can imagine it was very hard to see. Eventually we got it on to the road and got it jump started, but we were half an hour late for our shift in Hokitika.

2: Was when I was in labour with Alyssa. Our car is very low and I couldn't get out of the car so my mum came over to take me to the hospital. I got in mums car and we were about to leave and Warwick came flying down the driveway waving his arms asking us to stop. Mum got out and asked him what was wrong (the battery was flat again) Mum had to push Warwick down the drive way while I was having contractions in mums car. You can imagine the panic but they got the car started and I got to the hospital safely.

3: Was when Alyssa was five weeks old at Christmas we went to see the lights out at kaiapoi. We hopped in the car ready to leave and it wouldn't start. We had to push it again but I couldn't cos I had just had a c-section 5 weeks before hand, so again my poor mum had to push the car, a few guys standing on the side of the road decided to help, when the car started Warwick took of down the road (full speed) and my mother ended up flat on her face in the middle of the road and all I could do was laugh.

Other than those 3 times we never had any problems with it. I love that car but we as a family have out grown it and I will be sad to see it go.

I am excited about our new car and all the memories we can make, Praise God for finding the perfect car for us and praise God for mum who put up with so much and offered to buy us a new battery cos she was sick off pushing our car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home