blessedchick

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

6 weeks to go

Well Christmas is finally over and done with. Yay, it went reasonably hassle free, but I think there is someone that ruins every family occasion in each family. Our person just happens to be a grumpy 84 year old man who throws a wobbly because he is not centre of attention over a three year old. You would think that at 84 you would be used to children taking the limelight but never mind the rest of the day went well and I enjoyed spending time with my family.
My darling mother brought me the video of 'the Grinch who stole Christmas', because of my attitude towards Christmas before hand. Everyone got a good laugh out of it.

With some help of a couple of wonderful people we got the first coat of paint on the babies room yesterday and will be completing the rest today. The paint looks so good it has brightened up the room and I think for the first time I noticed some sun coming through the window (that might have had something to do with the fact that I was up at 6.30 which I'm not usually)
Last week my mother and I decided to go to off the track which is a second hand curtain place, just for a look, well we found the perfect curtains for the room for only $55, they are perfect. After we had the first coat of paint on the walls we got Warwick to do a curtain dance and hold them up to see how they look, they look great.

Baby seems to be growing well and mooned most of my family on Christmas day. After eating on Christmas day the space for baby became a bit limited so she got herself into a position where her bum was sticking out of the top of my belly just under my rib cage, which gave everyone another good laugh at me but never mind.
I'm still throwing up a bit and I am trying to fight off a man cold, you know the whole I'm dying thing.

We had Alyssa as the present giver on Christmas day, which was wonderful except you would give her a present and tell her to give it to someone and she would open it for them on the way have a good look at the present and decide whether it was good enough to give to that person, and after inspection give them the present, some people especially 84 year men did not take to kindly to their present being opened for them, but Lyssa had fun and she was so cute.

Thank you to all of you who have helped us or had us in your prayers, I've come out of my low mood and am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home