blessedchick

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter

Well this is the first year I haven't helped out doing safety at eastercamp. I felt it hard to be restrained and not join in, after so many years it become natural to be in safety mode whether you are on shift or not. I really enjoy doing safety, you miss most of the camp but you get to see things from the outside in and see how much God is working in this place. Last year I spent a lot of time with the intercessors praying with them and letting them know our issues or where the problems were coming from. From what Warwick said they really missed the interaction with the intercessors.

I went out to camp most days to get an update of how things were and so I didn't have to sit at home alone, it was to good to see a youth group enjoying its own company.

This was the first weekend that I have ever been left alone in a house without other adult company. I was very nervous about this as I don't like being alone but I coped very well and my girls didn't even notice me being a bit worried.

Alyssa had her first Easter egg hunt this weekend and she seemed to enjoy it even though all the kids were older than her and ignoring her. One of the girls there was extremely mean to Alyssa but when we got home that night and Alyssa was saying her prayers she said 'praise God for Danielle' this got me thinking where as most adults would hold a grudge Alyssa had forgotten and moved on and this is how we as Christians should be but a lot of the time aren't.
'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven' Matthew 18:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home